Monday, April 20, 2009

How old can an Axolotl get?!?

I have a pet Axolotl that I was given when I lived in my old house, my land lord was draining a make shift lily pond and found him flopping around in the bottom, they had been living in the house for at least 5 years and had never owned Axolotls, and he already looked rather old and raggy when I got him, he%26#039;s a normal brown colour with weird de-pigmented white spots on his head.


I have now had him for 3 years, he looks much healthier and is very energetic, I have read that they live for about 7 years but this old fellow, is showing no signs of slowing down...





Is there a world record for the oldest know Axolotl? Should I be starting a funeral fund (lol) for him?

How old can an Axolotl get?!?
Typically, an Axolotl lives 10 to 15 years. However, one in Paris was credited for living 25 years. At least that is what I read somewhere a few years ago when looking up lifespans of various amphibians. I don%26#039;t know how large yours is but full grown adults are recorded to be anywhere from 6 to 18 inches. Though, most Axolotl are usually around 9 inches. You might feed yours fish but they will also eat earth %26amp; blood worms, insects (such as crickets), salmon pellets or other fish pellets and beef liver. The ideal temperature for them is 60 - 64 degrees. Though people have aquarium lights to see their pet Axolotl, they are not necessary for this salamander because they are nocturnal. If you have a light over the aquarium then make sure there is a place for your Axolotl to get out of the light. Some people make an underwater cave for the salamander to go in and out of when it wants to escape the light or hide. One thing you may come across when reading about Axolotls as pets is that if you notice them floating alot instead of being on the bottom of the tank where they usually are then they are either sick or stressed out. Here is one website that will give you other information on keeping Axolotls as pets. exoticpets.about.com/cs/amphibians/a/axo... - 26k
Reply:Axolotl can live on average 10 - 12 years.



dry skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment