Sunday, April 19, 2009

Read My Story?1?

It%26#039;s called Brooke Jackson. Major. Star. Attitude.


I just want to dance!


“Brooke, can you get out already!” yelled my brother, Beckham. I have two of them, were triplets. My other one is, strangely, Longmore.


I was sitting on the marble bathroom counter brushing my teeth looking through the summer Teen Vogue.


I hopped off the counter to spit and rinse dropping the magazine in the bathroom trash. I read threw it, put to test, and now it was useless.


I opened the bathroom door.


“I hate you.”


We switched places. I was in the doorway of one of the many of 5 bathrooms in our small celebrity mansion and he was in the bathroom. The one everyone loved.


“Why?”


“You making me go to your dumb dance recital.”


“Oh, boo-hoo, you’re just mad because you’re going to miss your make-out session with Kayla.”


“Brooke get dressed. We have to leave in an half and hour,” said my mom, Guilianne. “And your friends should be here in five minutes.”


“Great, I’ll be downstairs.”


“Why?” asked Guilianne. The bathroom door slammed closed and locked.


“What is this? CSI: Pullman, Washington?” I snapped.


Longmore screeched, “Mom where’s my Axe cologne?!”


I rolled my eyes and headed downstairs. Our mansion looked a lot like a ski lodge and I loved it.


Settling in the living room on the white suede couch, putting my feet on the light brown sheepskin rug, I pulled out my phone. I mean since I had a uniform and all I really didn’t need help but I did need help picking out an outfit to wear, to Pullman High and back.





Brooke: how far r u guys?


Lily: 10 minutes


Brooke: gr8


Ana: lily, shut ^. Were really 2 minutes away stuck at a red light


Brooke: I don’t need exclusive d-tail.


Rachel: ? do u need us 4 anyway?


Brooke: I need u guys 2 help me pick out an outfit 4 the way to Pullman and %26lt;.


Ana: oh, well we r  to helo!


Brooke: ?


Lily:?


Rachel: ?


Ana: help, sorry


Brooke: oh


Lily: oh


Rachel: got it!


Brooke: you’ve got _ on ur chest!


Ana: lol, but u do bj


Brooke: thx


Lily: were drving down ur street now! Lay-ter.





“Who’s been using my shaving cream?” hollered Beckham.


“Stick it up your butt crack! I’m sure it needs a shaving there!” I hollered back.


I looked out the window behind our flat screen TV, there were my friends walking up the porch dresses in fancy dresses and shoes.


The doorbell rang, I ran to get it and welcomed my friends in with opening arms then rushed them upstairs were Beckham opened the door, half of his chin in shaving cream.


We all bumped into each other at the view then snickered except Ana who has a crush on my brother. I think it’s disgusting. She hasn’t seen him when she’s not here.


“Longmore!” called Beckham.


My other brother, who I have to admit he is hot, walked towards us, in a towel. We’re only 14 and he already has a hardcore 4-pack.


Rachel and Lily plus Ana all have a crush on him.


I walked behind all three of them and pushed them down the hall, working my abs, and slapped them into my closet immediately. My closet is half the size of a normal school gym.


It was like Hannah Montana’s closet only much bigger with a lot more stylish clothes in it.


On the leather blue chair that was placed in front of my computer and my computer desk, were two outfits I had suggested on getting there to Pullman High.


On my intercom, my mom announced, “20 minutes till departure.”


Ana ran her hands over the two outfits and heralded, “It doesn’t look like you need help.”


I plumped in 2-seat brown couch, blue and brown will go together if you have the right shades, and whined, “Yeah but I don’t know which outfit to chose. The puma sweat suit black or the puma blue.


The girls examined it for a while.


“Your right it is hard,” admitted Rachel.


“Both colors look great on you,” complimented Lily.


“Whatever, but I say the…blue,” suggested Ana.


“Me, too,” agreed Rachel and Lily at the same time.


“It brings out your platinum blonde hair and brown eyes,” scored Ana. They all nodded in agreement.


“Besides I’m sure David Levy well like it,” assumed Lily.


They oohed at me.


David was my crush ever since 4th grade. He has, well looks like Ryan Philippe. This means he looks hot! Our relation ship status is friends. I had to look good, since he was coming to the dance recital to “cheer me on” which translates into “check me out and ask me out”, at least I hope. After I changed into the outfit on the way there. I came out the closet bathroom to model it. I got a 9.5, which was the perfect for the status of friends. I left an inch of stomach and back. I looked better than Reese Witherspoon! I gasped, those could be our nick names. I calmed myself down. I was getting way too excited and excused those thoughts away.


“Now for the outfit back or for a date.”


I pulled out two outfits from one of my computer drawers and held them up.


“The red sunflower dress or the purple mini skirt dress?”


“Tough. I say…the purple,” commented Ana.


All of my friends were flipping through old magazines rejecting the models pose or clothing wear, drawing an X in purple marker. I hate these: said, whispered, and humored,etc.


Rachel: “Elegant.”


Lily: “Simple.”


Ana: “And sexy. Brings out your tan.”


On the intercom, they heard Beckham’s voice, “10 minutes till departure.”


“Hi Charlie!” greeted Rachel, Lily, and Ana.


“Hey angels, see you in 10 minutes!”


“But I can’t wait that long!” flirted Ana.


“Neither than I, but hey that’s business, baby.”


As I gathered my uniform and dress together it hit me that I never told her about Kayla and Beckham, plus that they’ve been dating since we were 11. I was careful enough to hide it for 3-actually, I’ve known them since preschool but Ana didn’t start liking him until we reached age 4 and Beckham met Kayla when he was 10 and they were “friends”, so I guess you can say 3 or 4 years, I’ve been hiding it. I didn’t like this feeling at all. I saw Ana melt when Beckham said baby.


“Bye, angels.”


“Bye, Charlie!”


Once all my stuff was gathered on my bed, I suggested, “Ana, I think you should totally go after him.”


“Really? I though you hate girls going all over him.”


“Well, not if their my best friend and I trust them.”


Ana smiled and went to search for something that would say wow to Beckham. “Cool, thanks, same to you.”


“She’s not going to date your sister,” alleged Rachel.


I laughed.


Then walked out into my bedroom to look out my window that stretched all through my long back wall.


I gasped quietly. I did not want Ana nor my other friends rushing to window see what was wrong.


I saw Kayla walk up. She walked up in a jean-mini skirt, a green army colored jacket with a white tank top, grey cotton leggings and red ballerina flats. Beckham would think she’s hot but what would remove his eyes of off Kayla and her legs and onto Ana and her green eyes and red hair. Beckham ran to her and gave her a wet kiss. This made my head hurt.


I ran back into my closet and quickly pulled out my “emergency” outfit.


I gave to Ana, who still looking for something. I threw it in her arms and pushed her in the bathroom and closed the door. Hoping it would do, I would have to try and hide her from Kayla even though I knew she would probably find out some time of the morning or night or afternoon if I’m lucky with David. I had to keep Kayla away from David even though I think she’s solid with Beckham. With our birthday in 3 days on June 16 and this being the first day of summer, something big was bound to happen


I made sure we arrived to our limo just after Kayla , Beckham, Longmore, and my mom got into to there’s just to make sure that Kayla and Ana didn’t see each other.


As we walked down the long porch. I looked for my driver, Mike, to be standing by our limo and he was. I saw my mom’s already parked at the end of the street waiting for us.


I managed to stay at the back of our walk holding my 2 changes of clothes and pulled Rachel and Lily behind Ana who kept walking in her amazing outfit that I picked out. It was the Hilary Swank Oscar dress that was made just for me but cut short above the knees about 2 ½ inches. Trust me it showed, Ana’s Mexican tan back, I’m Italian/Portuguese and her black high heeled ballerina shoes. There’s nothing Beckham loves more than sexy, athletic legs and smooth backs that he can see and touch. I know my brothers.


I pulled back Rachel and Lily.


“You guys Beckham has a girlfriend. Kayla. That’s why, we had to come down late not because I thought I had a pimple on my face.”


“So, you’re trying to keep Ana away from Kayla?” solicited Rachel, moving some sandy hair from her blue eyes.


I nodded.


My mom’s limo beeped and so did mine. Ana beeped it cause her body was stretched all they way to the steering wheel.


We ran into to the car laughing.


Once we were out of the complex, my mom called me. Now, I will go back to the script thing.


Me: “Hi, mom.”


Mom: “How come you guys were so late getting downstairs?”


Me: “I thought I had a pimple on my face.”


Mom: “That’s why you guys were so late?”


Me: “Yep.”


Mom: “Well, that’s all I wanted to know.”


Me: “Mmm-hmm.” I was switching through channels on our little screen TV and settled on “A Baby Story.”


My friends (all at the same time) and me: “I love this show!”


Mom: “Kayla wants to talk to you.”


Me: “She does?” I walked to a different seat and sat my self on the black leather facing the window. I had to cover my ears so Kayla wouldn’t hear Rachel, Lily, and Ana cheering on the mother-to-be.


Kayla: “Hi.”


Me: “Hello. What’s up.”


Kayla: “I just wanted to wish you good luck. Bumblebee, stop!”


I turned the phone away from my ear and retched. My friends were to busy saying, “Push!” to notice.


Me: “Well, thanks.”


Kayla: “I hope you break a leg out there!”


My friends: “IT’S A BOY!”


I laughed and looked at the screen and read, “Michael Oliver Santos.”


Kayla: “What?”


Me: “Nothing, bye.”


I hung up and dropped my phone in my purse then walked back over, laying my head on the window resting, thinking, I know this weird, about David and I having a baby and me screaming and moaning in pain asking for epidural. I laughed.


I fixed my make-up with my compact mirror.


“So, I look fine.”


“You look like a 10!”


I smiled and dropped it in my purse.


There was knock at the window behind. We screamed, Mike jumped, and it was all funny the way it happened.


David laughed.


I opened the door pushing David a little further back. He pulled me into a hug, I was so surprised my cheeks were red. I moved onto the sidewalk.


We were in a row of cars and limos as I watched as students, parents, and some of the girls in my dance class waved to me and walked into the high school. We were going to be Juniors by fall.


“I haven’t seen you since we got of school.”


“Yeah.”


Yeah. I couldn’t believe myself. All I could say was Yeah.


I saw Longmore getting out of the car and grabbed David’s and Ana’s hand and ran with them up the steps of Pullman High with Rachel and Lily struggling to keep up behind us.


“BROOKE, I’m in heels not ugly gym shoes.”


Ana was the only wearing heels that I knew besides my mom. We were bumping into people but I yelled sorry as we passed them. We were almost there, just into the building, run straight some more then a turn left and we would be in the auditorium. Just where I needed to head on to the stage and into the dressing. I would have to tell them to stay away from the other 4, they probably would, I think and I knew Rachel and Lily would do their best to keep…wait if they sat behind the other 4 then Ana would be staring at Beckham all night while he was kissing Kayla “hot legs.”


“Brooke!”


I ran faster thinking it was my mom or my brothers. I saw another pair of feet running next to David.


I glanced still making sure I wouldn’t trip, and it was one of my classmates from dance, Alicia Hudson, she’s not in my clique but we’ve been best friends since kindergarten. We’ve been close ever since. Rachel, Lily, and Ana hate her, I don’t know why.


I wanted to stop and give her a hug but we were in the school now, running threw the empty cafeteria that was getting set up for the after party.


“Hey…Lici!”


Can you believe I’m the only one allowed to call her that besides her parents?


“What… are…you guys…doing?”


“Running away,” held Rachel looking at her feet.


“From…who?” Alicia was fast running and was ahead of us.


“You,” replied Ana in a cold way.


She slowed to look at me. I mouthed, “Don’t pay attention to them.”


Turn and we were in the auditorium. Standing at the far back.


“Rachel and Lily, you know what to do,” I believed.


They shook their heads yes. Taking Ana to the front row of seats, running again.


I faced David, who was complimenting of how fast of a runner.


“Thanks.”


I scowled at her but I knew she wouldn’t to that, she knew I liked him. Alicia stood by me. “I’ll wait for you, over there.”


She pointed by the stairs of the stage were dancers were heading into the dressing or rehearsal room, which is the dressing room.

Read My Story?1?
You should post a piece of it on worthyofpublishing.com. It%26#039;s this great site where you can get feedback and reviews. Publishing companies have accounts on that site, so if you have enough people who want to buy it, a publishing company may look at it. It%26#039;s copyright protected, so you don%26#039;t have to worry about anyone stealing your stuff. While you%26#039;re there, you should swing by and check out my novel Witch Tourniquet
Reply:Great



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment